Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm lonely, but I ain't that lonely yet

The White Stripes' new album "Icky Thump" is coming out on June 19th. The first single, also called "Icky Thump" is apparently on iTunes now. I haven't heard it. I'll check it out when I get home if I remember (I'm bad at remembering. I blame drugs.) They're touring Europe & Canada first, but there are some US dates:

Sun 07/22/07 Portland, ME Cumberland Co. Civic Center
Mon 07/23/07 Boston, MA Agganis Arena
Tue 07/24/07 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Wed 07/25/07 Wallingford, CT Chevrolet Theatre
Fri 07/27/07 Wilmington, DE Grand Opera House
Sat 07/28/07 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
Sun 07/29/07 North Myrtle Beach, SC House Of Blues
Mon 07/30/07 Birmingham, AL Sloss Furnace
Tue 07/31/07 Southaven, MS Snowden Grove Park

I'll be at the Garden show, no ticket info as of yet, so I'm not sure how much they'll be charging. Maybe they'll do what Tenacious D did and charge ballroom prices for every ticket. Surprisingly, they managed to fill, if not sell out, the whole arena. Who knew? Anyway, I'm guessing The White Stripes won't be doing that, since they probably have a little more pull than The D. But I doubt they'll get to The Who/Elton John/Billy Joel/Rolling Stones proportions. So I'll still shell out the cash if it's around $65-$70. Plus, the show we went to at Keyspan Park on Coney Island in '05 was really fucking awesome, so I'd love to see them again. And more importantly, MSG has that one bar that has $6 pints of Yuengling that come in a plastic mug with a pretzel stick in the handle! I have so many of those mugs at home, I must've taken at least 10 with me after the NIN show we went to in December of '05.

One thing that struck me when I heard they were playing the Garden though was that I saw this band in April of '02 for like $15-$20 at Bowery Ballroom, and now they're playing The Garden. I guess that shit really does happen.

No comments: